Friday, January 7, 2011

Final Wormhole PVP, For Now

Well we had finally gotten a good route with no actives in the cave. Or so we thought. One of my now good friends and corp mates happen to find that their were two active pilots in the cave when we were about to start moving the remaining ships from the wormhole to hisec. Well he found a Dominix on our hole and it appeared to be attempting to close the hole out just as I had warped my pvp Harbinger to the hisec hole. While he had been sitting in his cloaky ship on the cave side of our exit hole in his alt he was grabbed one of the others Scorpion and had jumped into the cave.

Well I warped back to the exit hole with the Harbinger just in time for the Dominix to jump back into the cave. Now the Domi is a battleship versus my Harbinger and a Scorpion. My corpmate just happened to have Caldari battleship to 5 so when the Domi finally decloaked he turned on his jammers and I warp scrammed him and began to beat the hell out of the thing. I launched drones and the Domi began to go down at a steady pace. He didn't even have a chance to get a target off or launch drones. Well all of a sudden a Manticore stealth bomber appeared and shot a bomb at me and then warped away. It hit relatively hard but it killed all my drones.Well that down right was rude! lol. So as we finished off the Domi, but missed his pod I went and looted the wreck. I wasn't able to get it all and just then the Manitcore appeared again and shot a bomb, blowing up the last bits of the wreck. This time I was ready and immediately got a point on him. Well he didn't last long against my lasers and I managed to get a second kill. The pod warped off and a convo ensued between my corp mate and the actives. We decided to temp blue status them and started moving as many of the rest of the ships out of the wormhole as we could.

I managed to get all my mains ships out to hisec. This is where I decided that instead of moving 13 ships 22 jumps that I would sell off all my assets with the exception of my hauler, then I packaged up my smaller ships  and the fittings. Doing this I lost all the money in rigs but I could not be arced to move all those ships that distance. I moved the remaining ships down to our staging area. Once down there I decided to put together a few more ships. For one I put an assault ship, the Retribution, together to use in the Angel epic arc missions at some point. I also put together two pvp and two pve Drakes.

Now down in our Null sec home we had a couple of neutrals that were very hostile. One of them were recognized as being a former alliance mate of ours from the other corp that had left our alliance. Well out of curiosity two of us decided to get on the old alliance mates comms. Wouldn't you know it that they were there talking up a storm. Well we just kept quiet and got all the intel we could. It turned out that one of them absolutely hated any type of Blackbird or ECM boat. So naturally while I was in hisec I bought a Blackbird and fittings so that my alt would have one if we were going to be enjoying time tangling with them.So we found that they were just down there to rat. We found they knew we had a couple of capital ships in system, at least the one carrier and that they would just drop in their mothership if we brought caps out.

Well this was great information for the future as the alliance we have blued currently has a ton of super capitals and I am sure would love to get a couple of super cap kills. So we may just set something up for a little trap once we get more people and ships down to null. We are almost there and since then I have gotten all my smaller ships down as well as a couple of ratting ships.

So once we have some more numbers it will be time to start playing with our new found enemies. More updates on some of my day to day activities to come as I am sure there will be more combat coming my way shortly.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment