Monday, December 6, 2010

Alternative Thinking Of Logistics

So recently we have been trying to recruit more logistics pilots so that we have more chances to run the C6 sites in our home wormhole. Well I have decided that instead of training for a Tengu with my alt once Caldari cruiser V is done that I will instead train him for a Basilisk logistics ship. However this is going to take some time. I have only 6 or so days left on cruiser V and about another 10 or so with the other Basi skills. So in the interim I have been thinking today on just how could we run sites with only 1 Basilisk.

Well what I have come up with is an alternative solution to logistics. And that is to use a battleship as a logi ship. I know it sounds crazy but hear me out. I started playing around in EFT first with the Scorpion Navy Issue, which is one of my favorite ship modules in the game. It really astonished me that I came up with a feasible fit that could handle 4 remote shield reppers and 2 remote energy transfers. The stats came down to 111k effective hit points, 78/82/75/79 resists, a 2.9 second lock time and the ability to run everything with only one cap bounce (which we regularly do in our C6 ops anyway). I thought to myself that man this could really work but that is an expensive ship to use for this purpose.

I decided let's see what the Raven would look like as it is a much less expensive ship. The Raven weighed in with the same remote rep/ energy setup and was stable with the one cap bounce. The effective hit points ended up at 117k with resists of 76/64/73/77 and a 5.4 second lock time. So not too bad. I put these two into an evemail via Eve Gate and sent it off to one of our common op Fleet Commanders for critique.

While mulling this over it came to me that there may be one other option in the lower priced battleship for my alt (who can only fly Caldari BS's by the way). And this was the Rokh! This is not a very commonly flown ship and didn't dawn on me right away. Well I am glad that it did. Here is what I came up with, a 5(count them five!!!!)  remote shield reppers, 3 energy transfers, 107k effective hitpoints, resists of 79/69/77/81 and a 3.4 second lock time.This is also cap stable with 1 cap bounce and can run all but one energy transfer. I think this might be my new toy in the wormhole to help with ops when we are missing a Basil pilot, provided the corp thinks it is viable.

I think that the way this could work is to have this ship be the one that everyone orbits at 1000m. This way everyone stays within range of the remote rep range of 8.4km. With the quicker lock time and the ability to have almost all of the fleet locked ahead of time I really think this can work. But I would love to hear from anyone that might have an opinion on just such a think. I also just now decided to post this fit to BattleClinic and look forward to getting flamed for the idea, but it is worth a shot right? Below is the Rokh fit:


[Rokh, New Setup 1]
Damage Control II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II


F-90 Positional Sensor Subroutines, Scan Resolution
F-90 Positional Sensor Subroutines, Scan Resolution
Large Shield Extender II
Photon Scattering Field II
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II


Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter
Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter
Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter
Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter
Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter
Large 'Regard' I Power Projector
Large 'Regard' I Power Projector
Large 'Regard' I Power Projector


Large Targeting System Subcontroller I
Large Core Defence Field Extender I
Large Core Defence Field Extender I


Hobgoblin I x5
Hobgoblin I x5

No comments:

Post a Comment